This year’s big trip was headed towards Cambodia. As usual, we planned out a loop as much as we could. And also as usual, accommodation was carefully handpicked. For the first time, no car and/ or driver at our disposition at all times…
- Phnom Penh – to understand the horrific history, marvel at majestic buildings, shop in the markets
- Kratie – for its Irriwaddy Dolphins, cycling Koh Trong island, swimming with the locals at Kampi Rapids
- Sen Monorom – for its nature, walking with the elephants in the wild, take part in Bunong village life
- Stung Treng – for the fantastic sunsets over the Mekong, exploring the Mekong and the waterfalls in Laos, sourcing the most beautiful silk at Mekong Blue
- Siem Reap – for the ancient city of Angkor, the jungle escape at Kulen Mountain, floating villages, cooling waterfalls, and massages…
- Battambang – for its old grandeur, bats, rural life, Khmer photoshoot and the bamboo train
- Koh Rong Samloem – for its white beaches, blue waters, snorkling, jungle paths and absolute laid back vibe
in a nutshell… because we did so much more, met so many great people and had the best time ever.
- If you are considering traveling around Siem Reap, I know the perfect driver-guide-photographer Sarak Tuk Tuk: Read my post on Tripadvisor.
- We also hired a nice tuk tuk driver in Battambang: DJ Tuk Tuk. Read my post on Tripadvisor.
- Phnom Penh – The Pavillion… wonderful.
- Kratie – Tonlé Guest House.
- Sen Monorom – Nature Lodge.
- Stung Treng – Mekong Bird Resort… the sunsets…
- Siem Reap – Green Corner Unique Residence… yes it was.
- Battambang – La Villa… wow.
- Koh Rong Samloem – Sunny Bungalows… just what we needed.
For all the accommodations, you can find my reviews through booking.com
- Cambodia Trip – getting ready and getting there
- Cambodia Trip – Phnom Penh
- Look out for updates in the coming weeks…